Important Update to Custom Scripting
SurveyGizmo's CustomScript Action now supports the LUA programming language. Visit our NEW Lua Scripting Resources!
Legacy Custom Scripting Language Deprecation Plans
- New accounts (created after October 29, 2018) will only have the option to use Lua in scripts.
- As of October 29, 2018 Custom Scripting Actions will default to Lua as the scripting type in the Custom Scripting Action for accounts created before this date. You will be able to switch to the Legacy Custom Scripting; though we highly encourage using Lua.
- In the long term, Legacy Custom Scripting Actions will be switched to read-only. The exact date on this is to be determined; we will send notifications well ahead of time.
This function returns the URL of the webpage that linked to the survey for the given respondent.
In the below example survey we output the Referrer to the page which is this tutorial!
Check it out in an Example Survey
%%output .= sgapiReferrer();
The output would be: http://script.surveygizmo.com/help/sgapireferrer
Note: The Http Referrer field is not always available. Below are some common scenarios where the referrer will be blank.
It will/may be empty when the survey respondent:
- Entered the survey by clicking on a TXT Message
- Entered the survey from an email (like an email invitation)
- Keyed the survey URL in browser address bar itself.
- Entered the survey by a browser-maintained bookmark.
- Entered the survey as first page in the window/tab.
- Switched from a https URL to a http URL.
- Switched from a https URL to a different https URL.
- Has security software installed (antivirus/firewall/etc) which strips the referrer from all requests.
- Is behind a proxy which strips the referrer from all requests.
- Visited the site programmatically (like, curl) without setting the referrer header.